Contrary to popular belief Michigan lake life can be a year round affair. You can enjoy the magnificent Great Lake views all four seasons. The vast miles of coastline Michigan enjoys across the various Great Lakes should be explored by all, whenever possible.
Here are some of my favorite beaches on Lake Michigan and Lake Huron that you should check out:
1. Tawas Point State Park – Lake Huron
2. Nordhouse Dunes Wilderness Area – Lake Michigan
3. Bay City State Park – Lake Huron
4. Old Mission Point Park – Lake Michigan
5. Good Harbor Bay Beach – Lake Michigan
Friendly reminder, please leave the beach cleaner than you found it. Michiganders are privileged with these large sources of fresh water near our homes. It is our duty to protect these wonderful lakes and the wildlife within them.
I hope you get a chance to admire, walk, swim, lay out (use plenty of sunscreen!), and enjoy sunsets at these wonderful public beaches.