One of my favorite memories as a child is going out to eat after church on Sundays. Picture this, you’re in the car the sun is beaming down on you not to bright that you have to squint but just right. Your window is down and this perfect breeze brushes your skin, you’re in a daze of happiness because you know exactly where you’re headed.
The perfect scene right? This was my life with my sister, mother, and grandmother every Sunday. We vowed that we would try a different restaurant each time. Now that I am an adult I try to make that same tradition with friends. We search the city for the best restaurants! Local or not here are all my favorite places to eat when I’m in Detroit.
- J Dilla’s
- Punch Bowl Social Detroit
- Bonus: Campus Martius (Great food trucks in one place)
- Zo’s Good Burger
- Bonus: Northern Lights (They have amazing fried pickles)
- Bonus: Motor City Brewery (They have the best soft pretzels)
- Folk Detroit
- McShane’s Irish Pub & Whiskey Bar
- Bonus: Bucharest Grill (Best Shawarma in the City)
Hungry yet? If you want more restaurants ideas to check out this article by Eater Detroit for some of the hottest restaurants.