Help Move Detroit Forward
Challenge Detroit cultivates diverse, innovative, community-minded leaders from the city and across the country, fostering their talents to intellectually support local initiatives. Each year, we invite around 30 individuals to join us in making an impact in Detroit. As a Challenge Detroit Host Company, you’ll employ one of our Fellows for one program year, support their leadership development, and play an integral role in our ability to support local organizations and initiatives that move Detroit forward.
“Hosting Challenge Detroit Fellows has been an incredible way to bring exceptional talent from in and around Detroit to support our work in Detroit Public Schools Community District. The Fellows we host are committed to our mission, bring talents and perspectives that add value to our work, and are often instrumental in advancing critical projects in the District. Challenge Detroit is now one of our top pipeline partners for future central office staff and we look forward to hosting more Fellows in the future!”
—Ben Jackson, Assistant Superintendent, Human Resources, Detroit Public Schools Community District
HOW IT WORKS
- We design our recruitment process to attract community-minded leaders from Detroit and across the country.
- We work closely with you from candidate recruitment and the initial application to the interview process to identify the best fit for your organization.
- Throughout the year, your selected Fellow will grow as a leader through Challenge Detroit programming and be a valuable contribution to your team.
- You will employ a Fellow for one-year (September – August).
- You will grant your Fellow flexibility to engage with Challenge Detroit each Friday.
- You will provide your Fellow a $43,000 salary plus company benefits for those hired from our pool of candidates, or a discretionary salary to one of your current employees.
- You will support Challenge Detroit’s recruitment process and year-long program facilitation with a $13,000* programming fee.
*Scholarships for programming fee may be provided based on organization need and funding availability. Please email Deirdre Groves at [email protected] for more information.
WHAT YOU SUPPORT
- Intensive talent acquisition, recruitment and admissions.
- Over 50 programmed days including on-boarding orientation, in-depth learning sessions and conversations with leaders, team building immersions, challenge project execution and presentations, and facilitated leadership development sessions and workshops on topics such as race, power and equity, community development, design thinking, project management, communications and more!
- Several signature events, networking opportunities, and social and cultural immersion experiences.
- High-touch experience, including individualized support of Fellow throughout the program year.
- Critical planning, strategy and operations to support talent acquisition and programming.
- Support our work done in collaboration with local nonprofits.