Challenge Detroit cultivates diverse, innovative, community-minded leaders from the city and across the country, fostering their talents to support local initiatives that move Detroit forward. Each year, we recruit 30 individuals to join us in making an impact in Detroit. As a Challenge Detroit Host Company, you’ll employ one of our Fellows for one program year and play an integral role in our ability to move Detroit forward.
Challenge Detroit is a great conduit to connect [companies] to fabulous young talent, with passionate spirits, who make a difference both at work and in the community.
–Linda Wyatt, Vice President, Human Resources, Edward C. Levy Co.
How it works
- We design our recruitment process to attract community-minded leaders from Detroit and across the country and work closely with you from the initial application to the interview to identify the best fit for your organization.
- Throughout the year, your Fellow will be a valuable contribution to your team and grow as a leader through our Challenge Detroit programming.
- One-year employment agreement (Sept. 2019 – Aug. 2020)
- Flexibility to allow the Fellow to engage with Challenge Detroit each Friday
- A $38,000 salary paid to our candidates (plus company benefits) or a discretionary salary to one of your current employees
- A $12,000 programming fee paid to Challenge Detroit
The impact of your support
- Intensive talent acquisition, recruitment and admissions
- Over 50 programmed days including on-boarding orientation, in-depth tours and conversations with leaders, team building immersions, challenge project execution and presentations, and facilitated leadership development sessions and workshops on topics such as race and equity, design thinking, project management, and communications
- Several signature events including a kick-off celebration, networking opportunities, and social and cultural immersion experiences
- High-touch experience, including individualized support of Fellow throughout the program year
- Critical planning, strategy and operations to support talent acquisition and programming