Each applicant must complete a written application for Phase 1, and respond to written essay questions and provide a video for Phase 2. To be considered for Challenge Detroit, the Phase 1 written application must be received by March 8, 2015 at 11:59PM EST. Applicants selected to continue on in the application process will be contacted within one-week of their application and provided details for Phase 2 by March 22, 2015 at 11:59PM EST.
Eligibility Requirements and Rules
Please note that the following eligibility requirements must be met in order to proceed with the application process for Challenge Detroit (the “Program”):
- Each online applicant must submit and complete an application form including a video to be eligible to participate in the Program. Challenge Detroit (“Challenge Detroit”) has the right to reject applications for any reason. Upon final application submission, Challenge Detroit and/or its agents will own any and all content provided by the applicant and the copyright and all other intellectual property rights therein, and may edit content in any way without securing additional approval from applicant. Videos may be incorporated by Challenge Detroit into a potential television or webisode series without additional approval or authorization from applicants. Once a video has been submitted, applicant cannot edit the submitted video for any reason.
- If an applicant is selected as a finalist (a “Finalist”), the applicant will proceed to the mandatory interview round where Finalists will interview with Challenge Detroit program team (“Program Team’”) to determine which Finalists will participate in the Program (the “Fellows”). The applicant selection process will begin at time of submission through March 8, 2015. These dates may be revised by Challenge Detroit or its agents in its sole discretion.
- Applicants must (i) have a valid US driver’s license (ii) be a legal United States resident and (iii) either possess a Bachelors degree from an accredited institution or, be enrolled at an accredited intuition and actively pursuing a Bachelors degree on at least a part-time enrollment basis with an expected graduation by the time Challenge Detroit launches. Degree must be received to participate in Challenge Detroit.
- Each applicant must complete and submit an application and optional video before being eligible to participate in the interview process. In addition, all applicants chosen as Finalists must complete, sign, and timely return a Finalist Agreement, Release and Waiver Agreement and additional documents before being permitted to participate in the Program. The additional required documents may include, but will not necessarily be limited to, Disclosure and Authorization for Background Reports, Authorization for Release of Records and Information, personality test and confidentiality agreement (all of which will be furnished to the applicants). As part of the Release and Waiver Agreement, each Finalist must agree to, among other things, assume the risk of any and all injury, illness, death, damage, loss, or harm to the applicant and/or applicant property, howsoever caused, resulting from or arising out of the selection of Fellows, applicant participation in the Program as a Fellow or otherwise, and/or the production and/or exploitation of the Program. By agreeing to the terms of the confidentiality agreement, each Finalist will be required to, among other things, treat all information and material received or acquired in connection with participation in the Finalist selection process and Program (if selected as a Fellow), as strictly confidential. In connection with the Disclosure and Authorization for Background Reports and Authorization for Release of Records and Information, all Finalists must authorize the Program Team to conduct such full and complete background checks of the Finalist as the Program Team, in their sole discretion, deem necessary or appropriate. The Finalists will be required to cooperate fully with the Program Team in connection with such background investigations.
- Finalists and applicants must disclose if they have ever been charged with a felony or misdemeanor, other than minor traffic or parking violations. The Program Team reserves the right in their discretion to disqualify any Finalists or applicant based on such disclosures or any other information obtained.
- All Finalists must agree to abide by the user-generated content reporting responsibilities associated with the Program which will be provided to the Finalists. The Program team reserves the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any applicant or Finalist at any time based on lack of fulfillment of these obligations or other lack of cooperation.
- Employees, officers, directors, dealers and agents of Challenge Detroit, affiliated and subsidiary companies and the immediate family or members of their same households (whether related or not) of such employees, and any person who is a member of the Screen Actors Guild or the American Federation of Television and Radio Artists, may not be eligible to be Fellows in the Program or to participate in this application process.
- The Program Team also reserves the right to contact applicants or Finalists to ask additional questions and/or conduct phone interviews to gather additional information about applicants/Finalists. Such phone interviews are not required and are at the Program Team’s’ sole discretion to assist in gathering information for Fellow selection. Finalists may be required to travel to a location for additional interviews or follow up casting. Challenge Detroit and its agents will not be responsible for any costs or expenses associated with travel to attend interviewing or casting sessions.
- The Program Team is not responsible for applications not received. Due to the high volume of anticipated applications, the Program Team will not be able to answer any questions about the receipt or status of any application.
- The Program Team reserves the right to disqualify any applicant/Finalist/Fellow for any reason at any stage of the Program.
- By submitting an application, each applicant or Finalist agrees to release, discharge and hold harmless Challenge Detroit and the host companies listed here (the “Host Companies”) from all claims and damages arising out of or in connection with his/her participation in the application process or the Program itself, and to have his or her name, voice and likeness used at the Program Team’s discretion as part of the Program, or as part of promotion arising out of or in connection with the Program, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised as further set forth in the Release and Waiver at the end of the application. Applicants/Finalists are required to obtain and include releases/permission for all third party participants, locations and music approvals featured in application videos and must extend usage rights for Challenge Detroit to use content in any and all media related to the Program. Challenge Detroit does not sanction and will not accept any video content which features reckless or unlawful activities and shows harm done to persons, places or things.
By submitting an application, I hereby acknowledge that: (i) I have read, and I meet and agree to be bound by, the above eligibility requirements and Rules; (ii) all information submitted in either the video and/or application is true and accurate; (iii) I understand that if any of the above information is found to be false, this will be grounds for my dismissal from the selection process, and/or from the Program, if selected; (iv) even if I meet the eligibility requirements, I understand there are no obligation to interview me, and/or select me as a Fellow; (v) even if I am selected as a Fellow, Challenge Detroit has no obligation to complete the Program, and (vi) all decisions by Challenge Detroit concerning selection of the Fellows are final and not subject to challenge or appeal.
By submitting this application, I hereby consent to the recording, use and reuse by Challenge Detroit and any of their respective licensees, assigns, parents, subsidiaries, divisions, business units, or affiliated entities and each of their respective employees, agents, officers and directors (collectively “Releasees”) of my voice, actions, likeness, name, appearance and biographical material (collectively “Likeness”) in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, worldwide, in perpetuity, in or in connection with the Program. I agree that Releasees may use all or any part of my Likeness, and may alter or modify it, regardless of whether or not I am recognizable. I further agree that Releasees may use my Likeness and the content developed and generated by the Program in connection with any promotion, publicity, marketing or advertisement arising out of or in connection with the Program in any manner whatsoever. I release Releasees from any and all liability arising out of its use of my Likeness and/or the video. I hereby acknowledge I have obtained permission for any persons, places, locations, music etc featured in any content submitted by me, for use by Challenge Detroit and their respective assigns, licensees, and agents in any and all media without limitation or compensation. I hereby acknowledge and affirm that all actions and statements made by me are my own, made of my own freewill, and are truthful to the best of my knowledge. I agree not to make any claim against Releasees as a result of the use of my Likeness and/or the Video (including, without limitation, any claim that such use invades any right of privacy and/or publicity).
I understand that, as an applicant/Finalist/Fellow in the Program, I will not do so as an employee of Challenge Detroit and will not be entitled to any compensation or employee benefits of any kind, and I agree to refrain from seeking same.